Friday, October 17, 2014



Okay, I'm in a time warp kind of mood today and for some reason I remembered a job interview I had a while back:

The job was teaching Microsoft products, database stuff mainly, at the employer's training center. The classes would be typically 5 days of lecture and demonstration. I don't know if anyone is still doing this but it's a total scam. Employers would pay $1200 to send their employees for a one week training session. The classes would typically have 20 to 30 attending. Do the math.

Potential Employer: So, tell me Rogelio, if you could have your absolute dream job, what would it be?

(Do people still ask these utterly retarded questions of their potential employees?)

Rogelio Bueno: (without hesitation) Captain Ron!

They had no clue what I was talking about. As a result, I was absolutely sure that I could never work for someone who was so uncultured to have never taken the time to watch one of the most profound and thought provoking movies of our time.

What? You too have never seen it? Two words -  NetFlix. Go watch it and get back to me.

6 comments:

  1. So does this mean we finally have time to be spontaneous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope I never have to get another "normal" job (oh man, I just jinxed myself). I would never be able to answer the stupid interview questions. Instead I would tell them my opinion of the value of that question.

    My tolerance for "playing along" these days is nil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do it then, much less now. Hmmm, maybe that's why I'm so poor.

      Delete
  3. Captain Ron is a classic! Aye, that would be a dream job for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd sail with you anytime. Just remember, diesels love their oil like sailors love their rum.

      Delete